Sunday 12 January 2014

Christmas holidays

Since the last post I played some indoors at Surrey Slingfest (with Onside Flick, we came fifth) and then didn’t do anything for a complete two weeks. I hadn’t intended to have all that time off, but I had been pretty busy over it. Last weekend I went for a run to try and get back into fitness.

2 mile run followed by 3 sets of 5 pull ups on the bars in a local park, followed by half a mile run, 200m hill sprint and another mile run.
Thought it would have been tougher in terms of cardio than it was so was pleasantly surprised by that, but I absolutely hate running on concrete and my legs and back were pretty sore afterwards.

In other news, I started a new job on the 2nd. I haven’t been able to cycle there for a few reasons (don’t know the route, terrible weather, broken bike), but I do intend to in the future. This week I will cycle to and from the local station to get a bit of exercise in mid week. The other thing about my new job is that, even though a free gym membership is one of the benefits, the HR person hasn’t returned from their holiday and therefore I haven’t had it organised. Hopefully that will happen this week. However, I was able to find a deal on the internet for a free day’s trial at the local Fitness First gym. This suited me really well as it was a great gym with good facilities, but I didn’t really want to pay anything given that I will hopefully have a gym membership somewhere else before the end of the week.
I did a mashup of my two current regular sessions as I wanted to make the most of a free afternoon at the gym.
Warmup
3 minute run
Internal/External Shoulder Rotations (1*15 @ 7.5kg)
4 way hip stretching
SMR (Foam Rolling and Hockey Balling)

Main Session

A
1. Single arm Kettlebell swings (3 * 10 / arm @ 15kg *increase*)
2. Yoga Table (3 * 10 deep breaths)
3. Front Plank + Side Plank both sides (3 * 6 deep breaths / front and each side)

B
1. Single Leg Deadlifts (3 * 10 / leg @ 15kg *increase*)
2. Chin Ups (3 * 5)
3. Wide Leg Push up taps (3 * 10)

C
1. Rear foot elevated Split squats (3 * 10 / leg @ 28kg)
2. Lateral Bound + Stick (3 * 6)
3. Single Arm Kettlebell Curl to Overhead Press (3 * 5  / arm @ 12kg)
D
1. Dumbell Row (3 * 10 / arm @ 14kg)
2. Swiss ball rollout (3 *10)
3. Dumbell Snatch (3 *5 / arm @ 14kg)

Warm Down

4 way hip stretching
Hamstring stretching
SMR


As I said, hopefully before the end of the week I will be the member of a gym again (I actually missed going to the gym…) and then next Saturday/Sunday is the first of the Ka-Pow! Trials for the 2014 squad which should be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment