Tuesday 13 August 2013

It's been a while...

I was between last Wednesday (7th) and yesteday (12th) which is why there's not been any new content. Here's what's happened:

Last Tuesday I went to the gym but wasn't able to get the session written up before I went away, here it is:

Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (3 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats
Foam rolling

Main routine:

Dead lifts (5 @ 58kg, 4 @ 68 kg, 3 @ 78kg, 2 @ 88kg, 1 @ 98kg, 1 @ 108kg) *increase*

3 * 5 Hang Clean to Front Squats (28 kg *increase*)

Back Squats (5 @ 70 kg, 4 @ 80kg, 3 @ 90kg, 2 @ 100kg, 1 @ 110kg, 1 @ 120kg) *increase*

Split squats (5 @ 60kg, 4 @ 70kg, 3 @ 80kg, 2 @ 90kg, 1 @ 100kg) - per leg *increase*

{3 * 8 Frog Squat Jumps (15 kg *increase*)
3 * 8 Kettlebell Single Leg Deadlifts (12kg) - per leg}

3 * Max Wide arm Pull ups (8, 5, 5)

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

I'm starting to get the hang of all the new exercises and it's building up nicely. It's been slow going with the amount I've been away, but I should get a session in tomorrow, another in next week before Nationals and then ramp up to Euros!

In other news I had another article published by Ultiworld. I enjoyed writing this, and it seems to have sparked quite a lot of conversation (it was linked by The Show Game in their weekly wrapup and it was also mentioned by Benji of Understanding Ultimate in his piece on "Powerless Observers" which was a really interesting read). All three of my articles for Ultiworld are now linked on the sidebar of this blog.

This week, as already mentioned, I will hit the gym, go to Yoga on Thursday, and then Ka-Pow! are having our last practice (a full weekend) before UKUNationals. Look out for a preview of that beforehand!

No comments:

Post a Comment