Friday 23 August 2013

The week before nationals...

After having a tough weekend I wanted to follow it with a stretching session in order to loosen up the muscles which were a bit achey/sore.

I went to the Gym and did a warmup similar to the one I usually do followed by a 30 minute stretching/foam rolling session.

Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (3 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats
30s Dynamics plank > 30s plank

Then I followed the stretching routine which I originally learned when playing for the GB Under 23s in 2010, but which is the same as that used by Ka-Pow! when Jonny Clarke is leading warm downs, so I know it well. I also added in some arm stretches which aren't usually included and then did the same foam rolling routine that I do after gym sessions.

Shorter than usual routine today as I didn't want to overdo it and I knew I'd be busy at work today, but wanted to get in one more gym session before nationals.

Tuesday Gym:

Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (3 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats
Foam rolling

Main routine:

3 * 5 Hang Clean to Front Squats (27 kg)

{3 * 8 Frog Squat Jumps (17.5 kg *increase*)
3 * 8 Kettlebell Single Leg Deadlifts (12kg) - per leg}

3 * 5 Split squats (70kg) - per leg

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

The rest of the week was: Wednesday cycling and stretching, and Friday cycling and stretching.

This weekend is going to be BIG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment