Monday 3 February 2014

Last week (27th Jan – 2nd Feb)

Last week started well, I completed the Bear Cav Core session on Monday evening. I was going to do it on Tuesday as well but didn’t get round to it. I was also intending on going to the gym on Wednesday, but didn’t get home until late again, so ended up doing the Bear Cav core session I was intending to do on the Tuesday. I then did go to the gym on Thursday.
Core session:
Plank (40s)
Plank with knees to elbows (15 reps each knee)
Side plank (30s each side)
Short rest
Squat jumps (30s)
Leg raise and pulse (15 reps)
Hand Walkouts (10 reps to good extension)
Crunchy Frogs (25 reps)
Short rest
Lunge jumps (30s)
Mason Twists (45s)

Gym:
Warm up
Medium pace short run
Internal/External Shoulder Rotations (1*15 @ 8kg)
4 way hip stretching
SMR (Foam Rolling and Hockey Balling)

Main Session

A
1. Single arm Kettlebell swings (3 * 10 / arm @ 10kg)
2. Yoga Table (3 * 10 deep breaths)
3. Front Plank + Side Plank both sides (3 * 10 deep breaths / front and each side)

B
1. Single Leg Deadlifts (3 * 10 / leg @ 10kg)
2. Chin Ups (3 * 5)
3. Wide Leg Push up taps (3 * 10)

C
1. Skater squats (3 * 10 / leg @ 4kg)
2. Lateral Bound + Stick (3 * 6)
3. Single Arm Kettlebell Curl to Overhead Press (3 * 5 / arm @ 10kg)

Warm Down
4 way hip stretching
Hamstring stretching
SMR

The big problem with the gym that I’m using for this month is that the heaviest Kettlebell they have is only 10kg...

I then went to Bear Cav training on Saturday. It was a tough session for me trying to get my head around the strategy they want to employ this year. The setup is a regular vertical stack formation, but their premise about where they want the disc to go and how they want to flow up the field took me some time to get my head around. Luckily, the drills had been designed to set up this movement/flow attack and by the end I thought I had my head around it. The elements were a little tough, but in general shouldn’t have been too problematic, but I felt a bit rusty. I feel a bit out of it at the moment with Winter Leagues being cancelled and not having the best access to the gym, and just generally working later and cycling less. Hitting the gym twice this week and will try to do the core sessions three times as well. Whilst I’ll hold out hope that Winter League this weekend isn’t cancelled, I’ll try and get a track/throwing session in if it is as well this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment