Tuesday 17 September 2013

Ka-Pow! weekend session

An interesting weekend just gone. The Saturday would be focussed on offence and defence would be left for the Sunday. Overall, both the sessions were beneficial and improvement was made in both sessions.
Unfortunately, during the Saturday session, I layed out at an awkward angle and landed hard. At first I felt winded and subbed out expecting to catch my breath and get back in the game.
During a time out, I tried throwing some short passes to warm my hands up again and my ribs were in a lot of pain so I decided to sit out the rest of the session (it was near the end anyway).
Fast forward to that evening and I'm in agony sat having finished my dinner. I got walked to a local A & E (thanks Phil) and was having trouble breathing. A couple of examinations and a chest X-Ray later (my first X-Ray ever) and luckily I was diagnosed as not having any broken ribs or lung damage, but had just strained/pulled some muscles in my chest/ribs.
It sucked, and as of today I still have a constant ache in my ribs which feels like a healing bruise. I sat out of Sunday's session (though I still went to sideline and overview the defence based practice) and will not be going to the gym or doing my throwing sessions this week, but the goal is Europeans.
I am not going to jeopardise my ability to play at xEUCF in any way. It's what I've been building for since I joined Ka-Pow! (and it's been one of my aims for even longer). I aim to be able to take the field and do everything I can for my team, it's been a helluva season so far and I've got more to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment