Friday 13 September 2013

This week

This week ended up being nice and busy. Tuesday I borrowed Anna's bike and cycled to/from work.
Wednesday I cycled and went to Midweek Ka-Pow! practice.
We didn't have too many numbers and so did a mostly throwing based session with drills based on the GB Throwing routine. One of the drills I misunderstood and I got pretty frustrated with myself, but overall I felt it was a beneficial session. It highlighted that with 2 weeks off training after nationals throwing is something that I should have practiced more.
Thursday I cycled and went to Yoga during lunch. Yoga was a tough session again with Dolphin Headstand, Shoulder stand and Wall Handstand as some of the tougher poses this week and again it was a good routine. Next week there will be a different instructor who has been told to do a slightly less taxing session, which should be good so I don't do too much in the week before Euros. Thursday night I also had another throwing session based on the GB Throwing Routine. I had been contacted about another Ultimate player living in Basingstoke who was looking to do some throwing sessions in the run up to xEUCF. She plays for SYC and it was a beneficial session and I was able to consolidate the drills that had gone well on Wednesday evening and sort out the things that hadn't gone so well. We're going to get another throwing session in next week at some point too, which should be useful.

Today, I cycled again and hit the gym at lunch. I read this SkydMagazine Article earlier in the week and adjusted my routine. Still felt like a tough session, but didn't leave feeling as tired as I had after Monday's session.

Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (3 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats
Foam rolling

Main routine:

1 * 5 Dumbell Single Leg Deadlifts (15kg) - per leg

1 * 5 Frog Squat Jumps (20 kg)

1 * 5 Hang Clean to Front Squats (38 kg)

Back Squats (3 @ 90 kg, 2 @ 110kg, 1 @ 130kg, 1 @ 150kg)

1 * Max Wide arm Pull ups (7)

1 * 30s Dynamic Plank

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

This weekend is the first of two full weekend Ka-Pow! practices in a row. This is the culmination of our season, the final push before our biggest tournament as a squad. I have represented GB twice before, but xEUCF will be by far the biggest and most competitive tournament I've ever been to and my first international club tournament (excluding Paganello, Tom's Tourney and Windmill). I absolutely cannot wait to take the field in Bordeaux!

No comments:

Post a Comment