Tuesday 23 July 2013

Tuesday gym

I'm on holiday Thursday and Friday of this week, so I needed to get a gym session in before then. Luckily my ankle felt fine and my neck wasn't as stiff as it had been last week. As part of my mid-season advice from Pichler, I was advised to change my workout to include more explosive power exercises. After doing some research on the internet I changed around my routine. It's not perfect just yet, and given that I was learning half the exercises this week I didn't complete the intended entirety of my workout, but I'll do some small tweaks and come back to it next week. I also changed the sets/reps of some of the unchanged exercises.

Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (3 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats
Foam rolling

Main routine:

{3 * 8 Frog Squat Jumps (10kg)
3 * 8 Resistance Band Kettlebell Swings (12kg)}

3 * 8 Kettlebell Single Leg Deadlifts (12kg)

Back Squats (5 @ 50 kg, 4 @ 60kg, 3 @ 70kg, 2 @ 80kg, 1 @ 90kg)

Split squats (5 @ 40kg, 4 @ 50kg, 3 @ 60kg, 2 @ 70kg, 1 @ 80kg) - per leg

Dead lifts (5 @ 68kg, 4 @ 73kg, 3 @ 78kg, 2 @ 83kg, 1 @ 88kg)

3 * Max Wide arm Pull ups (6, 6, 4)

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

Like I said, some new exercises which I needed to learn and do properly, and didn't get time to learn all the new exercises I wanted to implement due to time and availability of equipment. Will up the weight of some next week and try and tweak the sets/reps of others and include more new exercises in the build up to Regionals/Nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment