Monday 14 May 2012

Post Mixed Season Reflections

I'll first look at Mixed tour 3 and then the season overall...
Herd 1 only got 1 win out of 5 games this weekend, but finished 4th overall (3 places higher than we started) and with that (if my in my head calculations are correct) secure fourth place over the three Mixed Tour events, behind Bear Cavalry (1st/1st/1st Average position:1) DED (3rd/3rd/3rd Average:3) and Peeps (2nd/8th/2nd Average: 4). We finished 4th/7th/4th averaging 5, ahead of Brighton who finished 9th/2nd/5th Averaging;5 1/3 and Golden Ants: 7th/3rd/(7th or 8th) Average: 5 2/3 or 6.
Not a bad finishing position considering I felt it was a disappointing season in terms of play and results. I know many people on our team were disappointed with the team's play at times and everyone was disappointed with Mixed tour 2. However, we never lost any games against opponents that didn't deserve to beat us on the day so we can only look at our own play as the major factor for our finishing position.
My personal Aims for Mixed Tour 3:
I wanted to get more Ds. Final count was 4 layout ds over the weekend on top of a few other defensive blocks which I am extremely happy with, didn't get any point blocks but not too worried about that. On offense I feel I didn't take too many shots that weren't on, but sometimes my throws were a little "creative" and they didn't always come off. Along with that, I didn't complete a few shots in the last couple of games because the wind was pretty strong and I just didn't get the huck right. Generally though I felt like I was pretty safe with throws and made good cuts when playing offense, though I didn't play much of it.


Open season now, starting this weekend with a warmup tournament and then straight into Open tour 1 the weekend after. Time for the hard graft to the end of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment