Friday 25 May 2012

This week and Open Tour 1 preview

Been another slightly slow week fitness-wise. Knee swelled up after last weekend so not been doing anything on that all week, and on top of that I got some sort of illness on Wednesday that is just clearing itself up.

Monday: 3 mile cycling
Tuesday 3 mile cycling
Wednesday: Ill
Thursday: 3 mile cycling
Friday: 3 mile cycling

Saturday will be at a wedding and Sunday will be playing Open tour 1 with Ka-Pow!

Open Tour 1 Preview:

I will be missing Saturday's games, but if pre-season stuff is anything to go by I expect Ka-Pow to win their group which includes LeedsLeedsLeeds and Burro Electrico before their crossover so we can play for 9th (if we win) or 17th (if we lose). This is a pretty big gap and it looks like they will have to play a strong team in this game. The pool we cross with looks tough (Fusion, DED and Cardiff). Fusion have traditionally been strong but have not been competing in Tour finals for a few years, DED we know from pre-season games to be dangerous and Cardiff are young and know each other very well. I would expect Fusion or DED to win the group so they'd end up playing whoever came in second. This makes a big difference as (since there are 7 national/foreign teams at Tour 1, 3 at Tour 2 and none at Tour 3) playing for 9th is almost like playing for a european qualification spot at nationals whereas playing for 17th would be more like playing for top 8.
However, I'm realistic and know that we will have a depleted squad, partly through injury, partly through players playing for other teams (GB Masters, GB Open) and I know that another player as well as me is missing Saturday. I'd love to come on Sunday and be playing for 9th, but I'll play hard whatever.

Sunday Preview: No idea! If we're playing for 9th I'd predict to be playing in the same bracket as the following teams:
Fusion, Fire 2, Tooting/Devon, Brighton, Austria/Fire 1, Orange, Ranelagh 1.
This is mostly guesswork though as I don't know about most of the teams there and anything can happen at this first event. If we're playing for 17th I'd predict to be playing in the same bracket as the following teams:
Tooting/Devon, Cardiff, Wessex, Burro, Strange Blue, EMO and Leeds

Both brackets will be tough and will be a good start to the rest of the season. Good Luck to Ka-Pow tomorrow!

One last thing: New track for my psych up playlist. Scott Pilgrim vs the World is one of my favourite movies and I came across this gem on twitter. It's a remix of the 8-bit version of "Threshold" by Sex Bob-omb from the Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack and "How Low" by Ludacris and is pretty awesome!
Link!

No comments:

Post a Comment