Thursday 15 November 2012

Wednesday night track

Cold night, but a good session last night.
Easy-ish session to get back into if after 3 weeks, focussing on cutting (accelerating out of a turn), top speed and decreasing recovery time. I was also wearing my wrist weights (1 lb each arm) to increase the work in my upper body.

Started with a 400m warm up with stretching.

Main exercise:

On the 110m straight, starting at the 100m start mark facing the 110m start mark.
Sprint 10m -> turn -> sprint 20m -> turn -> sprint 10m -> turn -> sprint 100m
Rest 3 minutes

After the 4th set I reduced the rest to 2 minutes then after another 2 sets I reduced the rest to 1 minute 30 and did one more set. So it was:

Exercise - Rest (3 mins) - Exercise - Rest (3 mins) - Exercise - Rest (3 mins) - Exercise - Rest (2 mins) - Exercise - Rest (2 mins) - Exercise - Rest (1 min 30s) - Exercise

I only did this once through then rested for 5 minutes followed by a warm down.

Next week I will make it tougher. Going to continue to wear my wrist weights as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment