Tuesday 2 April 2013

Monday Fitness

After a nice three day weekend, I felt I ought to get some fitness done yesterday.
I thought about hitting the track, but felt it may be a bit more beneficial to do some fitness on a grass field, seeing as up until now almost all the training I've been doing has been on 3G, a track or in the gym. With Mixed Tour 1, the first big tournament of the season, coming up this weekend I definitely felt like running on a (not very well maintained) grass field was beneficial in reminding me how uneven the ground can be.

I ran a session from the Ka-Pow! cardio regime which I haven't looked at before, but hopefully now that evenings are lighter I can look to do a session a week on top of track/gym/yoga/training. I cycled over to the fields and back as a warmup and did about 20 minutes throwing in some pretty strong (and cold) winds to finish it off which was also useful. I remembered the session incorrectly which resulted in me doing one more set than listed, but it wasn't too difficult at the end so it wasn't the end of the world.

Warm up:

1 mile cycling and a short jogging and stretching routine

Main session:

(30 seconds running (85%), 15 seconds rest * 10 reps then 5 minutes rest) * 3 sets

20 minutes hucking in strong wind conditions practice

Warm down:

Short stretching routine and 1 mile cycle

At work today and tomorrow, but off Thursday and Friday this week, so will be a short week in the office. Means less cycling, but I will be in the gym tomorrow and will hit the track tonight as well so this week will be shortened with a short rest before Mixed Tour this weekend, but I won't be as idle as I was in the weeks before tournaments last year. Last year I aimed to not do anything too strenuous in the build up week before a tournament, but this year I am just going to power through. It's how I've been training and in the long run should be beneficial to me as long as I don't push myself too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment