Monday 22 April 2013

Saturday Training

Gorgeous weather for Saturday training.
It was the last training that we have booked on 3G so hopefully the weather will hold up for future trainings. The 3G sessions have been massively beneficial and we've already booked sessions for the 2013/2014 Winter pre-season.

Due to varying reasons, training on Saturday was a little under attended, but again, compared to last year, it was still a good attendance and we had plenty of players there to get stuff done.

We started with a little tactical recap on the various elements which make up the fundamentals of our offense, and then proceeded to move onto drills focussing on defending cutters, hucking and the movements that define our offense in flow.

I was surprisingly happy with my performance in the huck drill. Sidearm hucks have always been a strength of mine, and I'm also pretty happy with my hammers, but I've thought for a long while that my backhand hucks aren't up to scratch, but I was pretty happy with them on Saturday. It was completely still with no wind, but it's a start.
On the other hand, I was pretty disappointed with my performance in the defending cutters drill and set up myself badly a couple of times. I will try and work on this at Mixed Tour 2 this weekend (preview coming).

UKU University Outdoor Nationals was also run this weekend, hosting the Division 1 and Division 2 championships as well as the Alumni Championships (which I attended last year) and it was one of the reasons for non-attendance at trainings. Skunks qualified 2nd in the West region and by all accounts performed very well at the weekend. The Skunks Alumni team didn't attend this year, but it's something I'd quite like to do again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment