Friday 15 February 2013

Friday gym

Hit the gym today again at lunch.
Interesting session, starting with pull ups meant it was difficult and tiring from start to finish.


Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (4 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats

Main routine:

3 * 8 Squats (65kg)
3 * 8 Split squats (50kg) - per leg
3 * 8 Lateral Step ups (12kg) - per leg
3 * 8 Standing Dumbell Push Press (2 x 7.5kg)
3 * 8 Seated row (50kg)
4 * Max Pull ups (10, 12, 9, 7)
3 * 8 Single Leg Swiss Ball Hamstring curls (55cm swiss ball)
4 * 30s Dynamic Plank
4 * Max  weighted press ups (10kg) (20, 16, 16, 18)

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

Thought it was strange that I managed to increase my pull ups and weighted press ups rather than having my max decline throughout the sets.

Also, it's quite apparent that during the pre-season my blog is pretty boring (gym, track, yoga, blah).
I don't expect anyone feels cheated by the lack of interesting discussion here (there's quite a lot of other things on the internet), but still I feel like I could add more.

I'm going to continue pitching ideas to Ultiworld after my first article was moderately well received. Got a couple of ideas I've been working on. However, I'm going to start adding more content here as well.

And finally, a nod to @coopstraining for giving me a nice little hamstring exercise. Been doing it a couple of nights this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment