Sunday 24 February 2013

Sunday track

Today was the last day of an off/slow week for fitness, and I was sitting on my sofa watching the six nations, noting the snow falling outside my flat and feeling tired from a great 3 day holiday in Amsterdam. How easy it would have been to finish this week with another day of no fitness.
Instead, I got on my sports kit and headed to the track.
This week the Kapow track regime was still top speed sprints, before it moved to Fartlek sessions from next week, but changed from the previous weeks' sessions.

6 * 50m sprints with 3 minutes rest between.

Had a 400m warmup and warmdown with proper stretching and muscle rolling either side of it.

Back to a full week this week, Gym on Tuesday and Friday, track on Wednesday night and Yoga on Thursday with Kapow training Saturday and Herd training Sunday.

Also, will be cycling 5 miles each weekday from now on, instead of 3 miles. Will be logging weekly cycling total mileage from now rather than daily/whenever I can.

Week (18th Feb-24th Feb): 13 miles cycling

Incidentally, my holiday was in Amsterdam and in a great surprise when I got home, I will be (hopefully) heading back to Amsterdam in June for the second time this year (and the second time in my life) for the awesome Windmill Windup tournament with Kapow!


No comments:

Post a Comment