Monday 11 February 2013

Other things (Saturday Ultimate part 3)

I've felt pretty disappointed with myself for the last few weeks. I've felt slow on defense and like I haven't been truly showing what I'm capable of. Combined with my injury and some annoying lapses in drills and I've not felt particularly pleased with myself.
I've had problems with confidence in the past, and have been known to be highly self critical of myself. Going into this weekend I just thought whatever happened I would play happy. Yes I still made mistakes in drills at Kapow, but I didn't let it get to me and I thought I'd played pretty well during the games both on offense and defense. Then when I headed to Herd training I thought I was able to contribute to the drills and again played well in games. Maybe it was all psychological but I really felt a lot better after this Saturday than I had about the previous weeks. My aim is to be positive at all future trainings and hopefully this will allow me to play looser and with confidence.
On another note, after having sore hamstring for most of the week, and thinking I hadn't done them any good by hitting the gym on Friday, my legs felt the loosest, quickest and strongest they have for a while. My shoulder is also finally feeling back to normal and so this week will be a proper week of fitness again.
The newly formed 'Kapow! Branding Awareness and Fundraising Group' (Me, Jonny and Pringle) had a good discussion after training on the way to the tube station leading to a couple of decisions about improving the online presence of Kapow as a club, and moving towards attempting to secure some funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment