Friday 1 February 2013

This week

Shoulder recovery is going well. Been cycling 3 miles every day for a bit of cardio.
Got presented with two differing track routines this week. The Herd track routine aims for players to peak over the mixed season and the Kapow track routine aims for players to peak over the open season. Since I'm prioritising Open this year I did the Kapow routine this week (but added a bit on the end from the Herd routine):

Track:
(20m sprint full speed > 1 minute rest > 40m sprint full speed > 1 minute rest > 60m sprint full speed)* 3 with 3 minutes rest

That's week 1 of the Kapow routine. Upon first looking it seemed quite easy, but it's about looking at training at top speed, which I can understand. In previous routines I felt like I was slowing down towards the end, but in this routine it felt like I was maintaining my top speed throughout the workout, and I definitely felt it by the end.

Finished it off with a 100m sprint which is the Herd track workout's end exercise. I didn't have a very precise timepiece, but I did it in around 12-13 seconds which isn't too bad.

Thursday I went to yoga. Was tough and I definitely felt some exercises were straining my shoulder, but I was able to do all of it without any pain. Was a good session and involved quite a lot of crossed leg stretches working hamstrings, which felt good as I've had a little bit of stiffness in them recently.

Making the decision not to hit the gym today (Friday) as I have a full weekend, and I'm planning on going back to my full weekly routine next week if this weekend goes without a setback with my shoulder.

Weekend:
Sat (AM): Kapow
Sat (PM): Herd
Sun : Flag football
Sun (night): SUPERBOWL!!! Gonna be an awesome game and have Monday morning booked off work to watch it.

Also, on a side note, I will be picking up my dad's old bike from my parents this weekend so I will be cycling at the weekends as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment