Wednesday 20 February 2013

This week

Couple of things this week mean that it's a lighter than usual week for fitness.
Over the weekend I played indoors (boo I know). Had a fantastic time seeing a group of friends who I don't see very often (and one who was over from Canada) and the best part was definitely hanging out with them, rather than playing Ultimate. I played well, and there's nothing like playing indoors to give me a confidence boost. I completed 100% of my passes, made huge grabs over people, got tons of score, through a huge variety of throws and got loads of Ds and 2 layout blocks. But it doesn't half leave you sore. Friction burns, bruised knees and (due to having not bought new indoor shoes for around 3 years) a pretty gigantic blister.
This has meant that I wasn't able to do gym yesterday or Monday.
I am also going on holiday to Amsterdam on Thursday morning, getting back on Saturday night. This means that I won't be able to do any fitness on those days.

It's not like I've been completely idle though, the location of the blister didn't inhibit my ability to use a bike, so I cycled 3 miles on Monday, 5 miles yesterday and 5 miles today. I'll be exploring Amsterdam primarily on foot so I've got three days walking ahead of me, and I'll hit the track on Sunday.

Next week I'll be back in the gym though, as it's not too long until the start of the Mixed season, and the build up to the Open season.

Time to earn the spot at Euros!

No comments:

Post a Comment