Friday 13 April 2012

Personal Aims for Mixed Tour 2 this weekend!

Fitness first: Yesterday I did 3 miles cycling and by the end of today I will have done 3 miles cycling as well.

Now, on to my aims for Mixed tour 2 this weekend. These are just my personal aims not the aims of Herd 1.

- Defense: I feel on defense that my style is preventative. I feel I rarely get scored on because I have good awareness of the play relative to my man marking assignments, which translates to good positioning. I want to be a difference maker though. Yes I can sky a pack of players occasionally and I will pick off long discs if I am able to poach near the area, but I don't get all that many blocks on my man marking assignments. I got one in the final game of Mixed Tour 1, which I felt really gave the team a boost, and I want to do that more without giving up too many open throws with missed bids. This will be difficult but is one of my aims for this weekend.

- Offense: I play handler, and a few times last tour I failed to complete on easy swing throws. This is not good enough, so my main aim is to be consistently accurate with "easy" passes across the field. My secondary aims are to make good decisions on hucks and to make good dump cuts.

- Sideline: Last tour, sometimes I let frustration show, and other times I was the most encouraging vocal player on the sideline. My aim is to be consistently encouraging and loud for my team mates.

Secondary tournament aims:

- 3 point blocks in one day was nice last tournament! I'm not expecting to repeat this number, I would be really satisfied with a strong force that didn't give up too many break side throws, but one would be nice.

- Zone Defense: If we play Zone, I get put in any position apart from the Wall. My aims for chase would be to keep up with the play a little better. My main aim in zone defense is playing as deep though. I don't generally get scored on in this position and my aim if I do get played as a Deep is to control the zone as a tight unit.

- Zone Offense: I love playing handler against a zone offense, in fact it may be my favourite situation in ultimate so my aim is to be disruptive if I get a chance to play in this situation by breaking the mark and finding holes in the wall.

Tertiary Aims:

- Don't get injured.

- Don't let the (probably rainy) weather affect catching, throwing or morale.

Go Herd!

No comments:

Post a Comment