Friday 31 August 2012

This Week

Never has a 4 day week felt so long. I'm definitely on an end of frisbee season come down and looking forward to the Rawhyde Revolver fun tournament this weekend.
Tuesday-Friday: 3 miles cycling per day.
Also, went to my first Basketball session last night.

Turned up at 8:15 p.m. to my first basketball session in about 8 years (probably). Wasn't sure what to expect, except that I would probably suck.
I really enjoyed the session even though I did suck.
Started with a drill aiming to move the ball between three players in a weave moving up the court trying to take on two defenders guarding the hoop, and if you took the shot you would be the one defender on the basket on the other side of the court against the two players who had just been defenders.
Did another weave/defense/shooting drill and a shooting drill before moving on to games.
I've never played basketball outside of P.E classes at school so I don't know any plays really and didn't get much of the ball whilst on offense, but my aim was just to hussle back on defense and get some rebounds if I could.
I had a lot of fun, but felt pretty inferior to the other players.
Might look up the Basingstoke Flag American football team next! Need something to do this offseason!

No comments:

Post a Comment