Friday 17 February 2012

Thursday's fitness

So, turns out the track was closed to the public as Basingstoke Athletics club train on a Thursday (will have to remember that for the future).
I didn't want to just do my 3 mile run so I created a workout that had the overall mileage of about the 3 mile run but the intervals from this weeks track program. I has also seen some outdoor fitness equipment in the local park which I wanted to try out so I included that, and also some sprints. It turned into a pretty good workout and I will definitely be using the outdoor fitness equipment again in the future. My session:


Warm up: 0.6 mile jog to park.
1 mile Fartlek (30 seconds 90%, 15 seconds jog)
Core/Upper body 2 * 40 reps of pull down of my body weight (76 kg) (10 pronated wide, 10 pronated narrow, 10 supinated wide, 10 supinated narrow) with 30 seconds rest between rep
Sprints: 4* 100m (ish) sprint followed by 100m (ish) quick jog with no rest
Repeat Core/Upper body exercise
1 mile Fartlek (30 seconds 90%, 15 seconds jog)
Warm down: 0.6 mile jog from park

Good routine, like I said. Will definitely use it again once it starts getting lighter in the evenings, but until then I think I'll stick to track, gym and 3 mile runs.

Weekend of Ultimate coming up with Herd on Saturday and Kapow on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment