Friday 15 March 2013

Friday Gym

Finally managed to do a bit of fitness this week.

Like I've mentioned, I've got a bruised knee from last weeks training so I was doing an upper body only session this week. It felt like a tough session even though I cut out half the exercises. I also lowered the weights on those activities that were mostly upper body but required some leg work as well, but I did add in weighted sit ups to bulk out the session. Pushed myself hard and happy with this session. Also, did lots of foam rolling before and after and my knee has felt less stiff than it had all morning (and I was worrying that I wouldn't be able to train tomorrow based on how stiff it was this morning). Did a full warm up just to loosen up my legs with low intensity stuff. Anyway...


Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (4 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats
Foam rolling

Main routine:

4 * Max Pull ups (17, 14, 12, 10)
3 * 8 Seated row (64kg)
3 * 8 Standing Dumbell Push Press (2 x 5kg *decrease*)
4 * Max  weighted press ups (5kg *decrease*) (30, 30, 30, 30)
3 * 8 weighted sit ups (5kg)
4 * 30s Dynamic Plank

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

Training tomorrow. Will be wearing my old knee pad from indoors to protect my knee from further knocks and will be taking it easy as the Mixed season starts in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment