Thursday 28 March 2013

Thursday Gym

Yoga was cancelled today and since I won't be at work tomorrow I hit the gym today. I was pretty tired this morning and felt tired throughout the session, but I managed to get through it all.


Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (4 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats
Foam rolling

Main routine:


{4 * Max Pull ups (16, 16, 12, 11)
3 * 8 Standing Dumbell Push Press (2 x 12.5kg)}

{3 * 8 Squats (80kg)
3 * 8 Bulgarian Split squats (20 kg) - per leg}

{3 * 8 Seated row (64kg)
3 * 8 Lateral Step ups (12.5kg *increase*) - per leg}
4 * Max  weighted press ups (10kg) (30, 30, 26, 20)
{3 * 8 Single Leg Swiss Ball Hamstring curls (55cm swiss ball)
4 * 30s Dynamic Plank}

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

Changed out regular split squats for the Bulgarian split squats using a dumbell (not a barbell on my back) and  felt it working me harder despite the lower weight. Think I'll be doing the Bulgarian form from now on. It helps that it's easier to transition between the back squats and Bulgarian splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment