Friday 8 March 2013

Thursday Yoga and Friday Gym

Yoga was good yesterday. Pretty similar to previous weeks except we worked in bridge with feet up the wall working into a shoulder stand instead of the standard bridge pose work we usually do.

Gym today and I felt tired and it was pretty hard for the entire session. But I got it all done and I'm feeling good now! Again I moved around the order of exercises, but this time it was mostly about which areas of the gym were free.


Warm up:

1 * 15 Internal Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
1 * 15 External Shoulder rotations (7kg) - per arm
2 * 15 Single leg raised Glute Bridge - per leg
1 * 12 Press up holds (4 seconds)
1 * 12 Body weight squats

Main routine:

{4 * Max Pull ups (12, 13, 13, 10)
3 * 12 Lateral Step ups (12kg) - per leg}
3 * 8 Seated row (64kg *increase*)
{3 * 8 Standing Dumbell Push Press (2 x 10kg)
3 * 8 Single Leg Swiss Ball Hamstring curls (55cm swiss ball)}
{4 * Max  weighted press ups (10kg) (30, 20, 22, 20)
4 * 30s Dynamic Plank}
{3 * 8 Squats (70kg)
3 * 8 Split squats (52.5kg) - per leg}

Warm down:

Hip abductor stretching
Hamstring stretching
Hip flexors stretching
Foam rolling

This weekend, I've only got Kapow training on Saturday in what looks to be not great weather conditions. Unless you count Ice skating... Going to watch the Basingstoke Bison (local ice hockey team) face the Guildford Flames (the local team where I grew up) which should be exciting! The cost of the ticket covers skate hire and time on the rink afterwards so I'll be doing a bit of Ice skating as well on Saturday night. Not many people know this, but I actually learned to Ice Skate at 2 years old! I never did it regularly, but I've always been competent at it. Will be careful and wear some good socks though, as, in the past, I've had trouble with hire skates giving me pretty bad blisters and I don't want to have to take time out next week because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment