Monday 4 June 2012

Saturday Ka-Pow training!

3 miles cycling on Friday on top of the gym.

Ka-Pow training on Saturday:
Started with a warm up then moved on to force work. 20 quick feet shuttles of about 5 metres. (I think I'll try to do a bit more independent stuff looking at the mark as that's a key focus for our team).
After that we moved on to a quick break mark drill to get people more focused and to introduce a useful tip (watching the non-pivot foot of the thrower) in order to get a better mark.
We then moved on to our sideline plays. This was going well for a while, but with only 7 players focus began to slip so Pichler made us run his favourite punishment.
Once you got a hand block in this drill you finished that set and then were out of the punishments.

5 press ups -> 40 yard sprint -> 5 press ups -> (in groups of three) 3 man break mark drill until someone gets a hand block -> 5 press ups -> 40 yard sprint back to start- > repeat


I managed to get the first hand block, and once a few other people got out, I subbed in to keep the break mark drill going quickly and got another hand block, so I felt ok about this.
Then ran the sideline plays a few more times until we got them at a good level.


Finally moved on to the end zone plays again. These went better and I think we still have a few kinks to work out with them, but they should come with more practice and I see them working and making defense really hard a lot of the time.


It's Monday now and I won't be doing any more fitness until Wednesday. It's been a nice little break for the Jubilee weekend but I'll come back hard after tomorrow.
Wednesday will be cycling (not sure how much yet) and Summer league. I will do an introduction to London Summer league and the team I'm playing for before I play and a short writeup of the game afterwards.
I also intend to go to my first Yoga session on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment