Thursday 7 June 2012

Summer League last night and the rest of the week

Been pretty busy recently and didn't manage to get around to the Summer League preview, so here's some post game analysis and a short description of our team etc.

I'm playing for Thundering Silverbacks, a team made of a combination of Thundering Herd players (mostly Herd 2) and University College London Silverbacks players.
Just to put it bluntly, the quality is not as high as anything else I've played all year, but the competition is good and Summer league is mostly a bit of fun.
Last night we had a game against a Flump like team (I forget the name) in which we had already been confirmed to be in the second division after losing our other crossovers and they were already in the first division after winning their other crossovers so the game meant very little. We had an ok squad size but I played a large majority of the points. The game was ok, I had a few Ds and a few good offense points but generally played pretty averagely and had a few mistakes. My fitness has also obviously been affected by the two parties and no fitness that occurred over the 4 day weekend.
To try and combat this I ran sprints with one of my team mates afterwards.
3 * 3 pitch width sprints (37m) with 5 seconds recovery between individual sprints and walking the pitch width recovery between the sets.

Also did 1 mile cycling yesterday.
Today: 2 miles cycling (don't anticipate to cycle back from work due to rain) and the yoga was cancelled so I didn't do that either.
Tomorrow, not sure how much cycling I'll do and probably won't go to the gym as I'm going to the O2 for a gig in the evening.
Saturday: Ka-Pow training where I will get my kit!!! Looking forward to this! Will put up pics once I get it home. Will be crisp and clean (you don't wear new kit for the first time at training, you save it for a tournament!)
Sunday: Will try and do some fitness to make up for another slow ish week.

No comments:

Post a Comment