Wednesday 26 September 2012

Wednesday Track

3 miles cycling the last three days and track this evening.

Routine:

400m warm up and stretching

1600m fartlek: 50m sprint + 50m jog. 6 minutes 43s

1600m fartlek:
First two (400m) laps = 100m sprint (curve) +50m jog (straight) + 50m sprint (straight) + 100m jog (curve) + 50m sprint (straight) + 50m jog (straight)
Second two (400m) laps = 50m sprint (curve) + 50m jog (curve) + 100m sprint (straight) + 50m jog (curve) + 50m sprint (curve) +100m jog (straight)
6 minutes 30s

Stretching to warm down.

Tomorrow will do yoga, and gym again on Friday.
Saturday is my first flag football session. I'm a big NFL fan so I'm really looking forward to it.
The session looks like this:

·         Warm up
·         Introductions / overview on flag football for anyone new
·         Routes
·         Defensive drills
·         Fitness (just a bit)
·         Controlled Scrimmage / Game

Hoping that the fact that the cuts are really transferrable from ultimate to american football and that I've been keeping up fitness should mean that I get a lot out of the session (and hopefully I won't drop too many balls).


No comments:

Post a Comment