Wednesday 25 July 2012

Tuesday

5 miles cycling from Waterloo to Regent's park (taking an interesting route (read: guessing my way there))
Kapow training:
Started with a lot of throwing followed by a very comprehensive warm up. Long jog followed by dynamic stretches and sprints.
Then moved on to breaking a straight up mark to someone running behind it. This meant a focus on throwing and forcing. I got a point block which I was pretty happy about but my throwing was slightly off a couple of times.
Finished with some skying work aiming to take the disc at it's highest point and coming in to attack it rather than waiting under it.  I thought I was quite good at this throughout but misread a few discs which means I still need to work on this a bit.
Then warmed down. Was a good training and I felt I worked really hard. Sun was out all the time so I trained the entire time with my shirt off (sun's out, guns out)!
Then guessed my way back to Waterloo on a different route which was 4 miles. So 9 miles total cycling.

For Wednesday, I will just be doing 3 miles cycling. Thursday will be 3 miles cycling and Yoga and Friday will just be 3 miles cycling so as not to overexert myself before the weekend.
Open Tour 3 preview will be written when the schedule is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment