Thursday 19 July 2012

Wednesday and Thursday

Couldn't make it down to the gym yesterday AGAIN. Another busy day at work.
Wednesday: 3 miles cycling. Then when I got home:
3 * 10 press ups
3 * 10 sit ups
3 * 1 minute front plank.

Today though has been better:
3 miles cycling
Managed to leave my desk to do Yoga over lunch.
I feel like Yoga always makes me more mentally tired than physically tired. It's still only the third time I've done it so trying to think about breathing and the different movements whilst doing what is essentially a core workout combined with deep stretching always takes a lot of concentration. Not sure whether I'm becoming Zen due to Yoga but almost fell asleep during the 'relaxation' part at the end. That or I was properly meditating.
Also did Gym near my flat when I got home:
3 * 10 push ups
3 * 20 sit ups
3 * 10 bench press (45kg)
3 * 5 squat (75kg)
3 * 10 lunges
3 * 10 push ups with feet on a 55cm swiss ball

Will definitely hit the gym tomorrow as Friday is always quieter than the rest of the week. Not going to be at training this Saturday as I will be watching the Olympic torch and then heading to a friends birthday party. So I will do some training on Sunday. Thinking a combination of throwing drills, hill sprints, stair exercises, core work or sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment