Friday 26 October 2012

Friday Gym

Headed down to the gym over lunch again today to do the second session of the GB Open Beach weights fitness program. It's pretty similar to the first session but a few exercises have changed between the two. I upped the weights on most of the exercises today:

Warm up:

1 * 15 internal shoulder rotations (9kg *increase*) on each arm
1 * 15 external shoulder rotations (9kg *increase*) on each arm
2 * 15 Glute bridges
1 * 15 PGM on each leg
1 * 12 Press up and hold (3s hold when down)
1 * 30s single leg balance on each leg

Main workout:
4 * 15 Single leg squats (25kg *increase*) with 10 body weight squats in between
4 * 15 Split squats (body weight whilst I work out the range of motion) (instead of Lat Lunges from session 1)
4 * 15 Lat pull down (32kg) (instead of Single Arm Dumbell Bench Press from session 1)
4 * 15 Seated Narrow Row (41kg *increase*)
3 * 15 calf raise (Full range of motion) (2.5kg dumbells in each hand *increase*)
2 * 15 Swiss Ball Hamstring curls
2 * 12 straight leg ab curls (instead of Hanging Knee raises from session 1)


Foam rolling and stretching to warm down

Interestingly, I found the Full range of motion calf raises with the added weight to be the hardest. The dumbells weren't heavy in my hands but they affected my balance a lot whilst doing that exercise.

Again, I found the GB session worked mostly the same muscles as my routine, but I liked that it has more variation and works more muscles on top of those worked in mine. Some of the exercises from mine I still prefer, I just didn't have to add them on to the end of my workout today as my lunch break wasn't long enough.

Got a good weekend to look forward to now:
Herd AGM and end of season social on Saturday and NFL in London Fan Rally in Trafalgar Square on Saturday and watching the New England Patriots take on the St Louis Rams at Wembley Stadium on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment