Friday 19 October 2012

All the small things...

Over the two and a half year's I've been out of University, I've developed some habits which I think help my fitness despite my job involving 9 to 5 sitting at a desk.

Getting up from my desk at least once an hour, usually more to keep myself moving
Keeping myself well hydrated all day by always having a cup of water on my desk in front of me
Stretching any areas of my body which feel stiff or strained whilst sat at my desk
Walking up the stairs in the office instead of taking the lift, and taking the stairs 2 at a time
Excluding the 50 minute train journey I have to take every day, I avoid public transport when I can, and cycle and walk to and from the train station as much as possible. When forced to take public transport, I will take the tube station stairs two at a time rather than use lifts and escalators.
I never eat junk food for lunch any more
I have my psych up playlist on repeat at work the day before a tournament and for the hours before practices

If anyone has any daily bits that they like to do which are small things but make a difference, share!

No comments:

Post a Comment